iPhone Update

Just got over my fears and updated the firmware from my iPhone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4.

I used the Installer.app tool that was already on there to install a program (read from step 5 on this page) to check which Baseband firmware I had (v3.9).

I then used Option Click on the iTunes restore button and gave it the iPod 1.1.4 firmware file I had previously downloaded.

The iPhone updated and rebooted – of course it was locked and needed activation.

I quit iTunes and then basically followed the guide at http://www.hackthatphone.com/114/iphone_iliberty_mac.html and it was all pretty easy.

After a couple of minutes – 1.1.4 unlocked Joy 🙂

IMG_5430.JPG

Next was to localise it with Australian phone formats etc. Add the source wpool.com/iphone to Installer.app and install the localisations for 1.1.4 (all three of them) and reboot the phone. On telstra I now get a nice pretty Telstra Logo.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: